Mar 29, 2017

Gaji Houseman Kontrak Cikai


I have precisely 40 minutes before having to go to work today at 5 pm. Funny, I haven't visited this dear blog of mine for weeks and reading back my last entry and that same worry of mine is still present. If ever, it is getting worse. I have now only three weeks before my supposedly end of posting date (EOP).


My phone keeps pinging with Whatsapp notifications from my work group chat. There is supposedly a departmental teaching and the MO is angry because currently only 11 of us are attending it now. LOL. I only need only one more teaching to go to in my logbook and there is very abysmal chance for me to waste it on my pre-night day.


A week ago the SPM results came out and as always, there is a lot going about people wanted to pursue Medicine and wanting to become a doctor. It's the same story every year. People look up to the profession and while we have been increasingly aware of the true working condition the doctors are experiencing and the public's general perception of it, a lot of you guys still, adamantly and vehemently, persist in wanting to become a doctor.


Well, for most of my part whining and wooing about my shitty experience being a lousy houseman, I will not discourage you guys to try. I still don't feel any special being a doctor - I think you are not meant to feel that way anyway; a doctor is not a superhero that can do everything and being a doctor doesn't entitled you to lord over anyone else (get the hint, malignant MOs). Being a doctor means you will sacrifice a lot of things, and by coming into terms with the inevitable future only then you can begin to settle down and embrace the hellhole of being a doctor.


Anyway, for those of you wondering about a houseman's pay, and still looking at salary as a factor to pursue Medicine in Malaysia, let me show you the pay slip as a bonus:



Oh shit it's 4.30 pm! I need to pray and start preparing to go to work! See ya!

18 comments:

  1. Hey Safuan, I'm beginning my housemanships in a week.. and your experience has been immensely helpful for preparing myself mentally and emotionally for it.. thank you for being honest.. ! Hope the HOs are kind to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is different. Rm5000+ for a houseman. It was rm3777 back in 2012. Dah jd mo baru merasa 5000+

    ReplyDelete
  3. kalau MO pulak berapa? bole share ke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First you have to pray for me brother so that I can finish my HOship in 1 piece ha.ha.ha *silent tears*

      Once I'm an MO I'll let you know LOL

      Delete
  4. HYE, I THINK NOW YOU ARE A SENIOR HO OF SECOND YEAR, AM I RIGHT ? SO, MAY I KNOW, HOW MUCH IS THE SALARY FOR SENIOR HO ? IS IT THE SAME OR HIGHER ?

    THANK YOU IN ADVANCE. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to shout, stranger 😅. Yes, I am indeed a 2nd year HO but I don't feel so senior, maybe just by a lil bit haha.

      If you do your SKT right, you are entitled for an annual salary increment of RM225.

      HOWEVER (now this is my turn to shout), SOMEHOW MY KWSP CUT INCREASES FROM RM400+ TO RM600+, WHICH BASICALLY MEAN IT AMOUNTS TO THE SAME SHIT FIGURE AS LAST YEAR 😭😭

      But, it is quite aplenty. So alhamdulillah and rock on, yeah 🤘

      Delete
  5. Bro which hospital are u in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somewhere in Klang Valley. I'm not really telling, but I'm sure if you dig enough you'll know where I work lol

      Delete
  6. Hello there, may i know that is it true that the housemen won’t get paid for the first 3 month of working ? if yes, can i know the reasons please ? thank you in advance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, yes it is true (for my hospital, at least). Again, please be reminded that not all hospital are like this. My friends told me they got theirs only after two months of working, so there's a bit of variety here.


      I don't pretend to understand why we are only paid in lump sum for the first three months of working as a HO. I suspect it is from a HR issue, because the process of entering public sector can be tedious and takes a lot of time. Well, who knows eh?

      Good luck for your HOship!

      Delete
  7. Hi! Thanks for the information you've provided for us all. May I know what 'Plg Blk Kuarters' stands for in your pay slip? Will it be deducted for all houseman?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably have mentioned it before somewhere in my blog but I stayed at the hospital's accommodation. So Plg Blk Kuarters is the reduction for the hostel fee.

      Delete
  8. Are you still doing your housemanship ? Is a contract now ? Does we need to apply again to be a MO in goverment ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is such a sensitive question and I already explained it a couple of times in here:

      1. https://safuannnnhkm.blogspot.com/2018/12/the-ending-days-of-housemanship.html
      2. https://safuannnnhkm.blogspot.com/2019/01/another-beginning.html


      But to clarify, no - I've completed my contract housemanship 3 months back and currently waiting for the placement and decision whether I'll be a contract MO or permanent MO from the KKM.

      Delete
  9. Hi Safuan! I stumbled upon your post while doing some research on houseman salary in Malaysia. Very glad that someone as transparent as you could be willing to disclose your payslip to us (though it was 3 years ago).

    Regarding your post, if you may, I want to ask some questions about it:
    1. May I know the current houseman salary in Malaysia? As I researched, the median salary now for junior houseman is around RM2,800 to RM3,900. However, it's best to verify with a real practicing doctor.

    2. The salary you disclosed in the post - Is it paid to you while you were just starting out at fresh grad level as a houseman? Or that you have already gained some seniority in your housemanship experience? Because as per my research, your salary is considered an outlier as compared to the current median salary of junior housemen disclosed in certain websites, i.e between RM2.8k to RM3.9k.

    Hope to hear from you soon! In case you are seeing repetitive kinds of comments from someone called White Angel, that would be me, and I do not mean to spam you. It's just as I press 'Publish', my comment disappeared so I had to retype everything again. So, just answer to this comment, and please kindly ignore the previous comments I made (which are similar to this) if you happen to receive them.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete