Mar 6, 2023

Second Start of Something Similar

I... can't believe I'm able to return here, blogging. It's been so long. I stopped writing when I missed the deadline to pay for the custom domain subscription. It was a cost that I initially thought is feasible but ended up being not worth to keep it going. I didn't change my URL back to my old one, hence not only I stopped writing, every single one of you also stopped reading this blog because you couldn't access it. 


It was boring, anyway. All these topics about COVID-19 and MCO and vaccines and whatnot it got old pretty quickly (it only robbed us all 2 years anyway but who's counting). It's time to go. It's high time for it to fuck off. It's time to talk about something else. Anything else. But everything else in my life at that time was nonsensical and chaotic. It was a turbulence. A period of time of uncertainties, bucketful of tears, and escalating uneasiness. Hence, I stopped writing. 

And I just had a quick glimpse at my blog. I wrote 13 posts in 2019. That's like on average one post per month. 

8 posts in 2020.
1 post in 2021.

No post in 2022. 

So much had happened in these past 2 years, to tell you the truth. Just thinking about those things, remembering them, bring a plethora of mixed emotions in me. Not all things that had happened are bad, some are good, but I can't help but to feel apprehensive as I write this down. Is the tone of this post too depressing? Melancholic? I have no direction at all. I write as I go along with minute resemblance of purpose.


I want to write it all down here. Post by post. It would take me months to retell everything, but I sense some life events shouldn't be shared here in the first place. Maybe with further passing of time, the restriction that I imposed on myself so harshly, I will be able to share it all here. But for now, a quick recap on what's what and when's when since the last time I blogged. 


Jan/Feb 2021
Adopted two stray cats - 3-month-old female black female kitten named Nala and a month later a 4-month-old white male kitten named Carlos.




March 2021
Bought an iPhone 12 Pro Max for my birthday using KWSP monehhh





May 2021
Was asking around at work about new housing projects nearby. A staff mentioned about a new place. Apparently, it's the largest housing project in this district. I waited for my wife to come over during the weekend, drove over to the place, had a quick tour at the rumah contoh (having a brain freeze - what's rumah contoh in English??) and securing the last available 2-storey terrace house at that time. Paid RM500 booking deposit on the spot. The agent said the house is estimated to be completed in the first quarter of 2023. Excited!




March 2022
Went for umrah pilgrimage. Started to cough uncontrollably on the day of departure back home, then confirmed with the RTK to be positive for COVID-19. Then my wife got it too as well.




12 April 2022
My father-in-law passed away while my wife was still in quarantine for COVID-19. If you are reading this sentence, please do stop for a moment and recite al-Fatihah for him. 


12 November 2022
My maternal grandmother had passed away. al-Fatihah. 





Upcoming life events:

March-April 2023
I'm expecting to get my house key anytime during this month and the next. My savings was cut into half due to other commitment and so I'm only planning to do basic renovation projects once I moved in. These include:
  • tinting all windows and sliding doors so that outsiders can't view the house interiors.
  • making mesh grills for the front door, sliding doors and the bedroom's sliding doors.
  • hiring home inspectors.
  • concrete kitchen tabletops with kitchen cabinets.
  • hiring movers with a 5-tonne lorry.

June 2023
Embryo transfer. Will talk more of this when all goes well.


2 comments:

  1. It's good to see you back! Also we also just adopted a 4-month-old kitten called Nana, we initially considered Nala for her name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! Nana is equally a good name as well. Having cats is the best hahah altho my current house suffers from them

      Delete